2013 League Rules

• Thank you received: 41

squirrel replied the topic: 2013 League Rules

D- wrote: These are the proposed rules for our 2013 Vtes-league.
In essence it is just a twitch to spice up the Praxis.

Since 2013 is drawing towards it end, I'm jumping the gun here and started looking at where we are and what way we're going.

First of all, I like the league. It adds some level of (friendly) competition and it motivated me to make more competitive decks. I noticed we have 6 ranked players at the moment. Dennis and Michiel could still get ranked if they tried to play a few more games. This said, I think we should lower the rating threshold from 8 to 6 games played, to get less active people into the scoreboard too.

The real question is: what about next year? Will there be a new league? Will it be the same as this year? Or will we try another format, for example a Gentleman's VTES League?

I think we should start thinking about what we want to do next year, because we'll be there sooner than we think and the holidays will be busy for most of us.

and though We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
~Tennyson~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 45

D- replied the topic: 2013 League Rules

squirrel wrote: [
The real question is: what about next year? Will there be a new league? Will it be the same as this year? Or will we try another format, for example a Gentleman's VTES League?

I would propose to keep it the same as this year. The only thing that is required, that we need to play more and that has to happen anyway :)
I will post a 2014 plan after tomorrow's tournament (things to do, goals, resources)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.035 seconds