dear national coordinator

• Thank you received: 55

gotcha created the topic: dear national coordinator

Let me start by thanking you for the efforts you did concerning organizing tournaments, etcetc.
Let me continue by saying FUCK OFF!

If there is anyone that should communicate in this community it is you!
You had three people waiting awaiting your absence or presence yesterday and today or failing to give me the contact of an unknown player to me who according to you would be available which would result in a 4-player table. If this would be the only incident I would leave it by that. I also somethime dont know wether i can make it or not but i say that in advance and inform people when I know my absence or presence.
Couple of weeks ago we had a four player table in antwerp (that included you) and less then 30 mins of time of meeting you cancel because your gf didn't like you to go (or at least that is what you told me - she had a (surprise??!!) exam. Seems nothing that could not be anticipated in advance. s a result because Maxim was almost arriving in antwerp and with Lucien on the road we ended up with 3 players. and i can go further back in time to find other examples ...

You dont have to fucking like me, Lucien, Michel or anybody as I as a misanthrope clearly dont either BUT have a bit of FUCKING respect!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 42

squirrel replied the topic: dear national coordinator

Dear Bram,

Let's put a few things straight. I love VTES and I like to play the game with each and every one of you. I also have a professional and a private life next to VTES. Both are important to me.

That being said, people should understand I lack the time (and the patience) to organize our friendly games every week. I was available to come play in Bxl on 20/07, but I'm wasn't doing a head-count, asking around for people, taking organisation/responsibility for that evening. This should not be demanded (Yes Bram, you coerce and oblige me) from me every time. I don't mind organizing and and getting people together from time to time, but I also expect others to take that lead. (And yes Bram, I know you often take on that responsibility too.)

As you rightfully mentioned, there is/was an interested player. As I have told you after the tournament, his name is Andres and he can be found through our Facebook group. Other than that, I don't know the player either. You could've contacted him the same way as I would've had to do. Yet somehow, you refuse to do so and put responsibility in my shoes. So I again, I do take offense of you obliging me to take on the organisation for which I have clearly stated I didn't have the time.

Indeed, you contacted me through sms and messenger and kept asking: "how many players are there? Who else is coming? What did you discuss with Michel? ..." and I responded: "I don't know. I'm available to play, but I don't have time/motivation to organize." After seeing your last wall of text in the middle of helping my brother move his furniture, I turned of my phone in disgust. My message just wasn't getting through to you. And seeing your post, I think it still isn't.

In the end, I want to play this game to enjoy myself and have a good time. When this is no longer the case, then the game has lost it's interested to me.

About your reference about the evening in Antwerp, I agree with you on what happened. Indeed, my girlfriend had an exam the next day. So it was ideal for me to be out of the house and give her some time on her own to study. However, during the evening she started panicking and experiencing heavy performance anxiety. I decided last minute to stay home and look after her and I contacted you to let you know. Under the same circumstances, I would make the same decision again. If this makes me a bad person or an untrustworthy player, so be it.

However, I'm glad you speak your mind and allow me to reply. I am taking the lesson here about communication. Next time, if there is a possibility I will have to cancel, I will reconsider about joining the game. Also, I will try to be even clearer towards you about the responsibility i'm taking for a certain evening. In return, I ask you not to put the full responsibility of every casual evening on my shoulders and respect my life outside VTES.

Tom

and though We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
~Tennyson~

• Thank you received: 55

gotcha replied the topic: dear national coordinator

I see things a bit different but I guess that is what makes us human.
You asked Michel to start with, then I came in and texted him, Lucien and you ... at noon you just had to text yes or no to solve the issue and have a game or not. Personally, believe it or not, I have a life too so I can relate to certain circumstances.
Let us put this behind us and try to communicate as clearly ass possible (fe If you do not know if you can make it just say so ... )

now let's try to have a game .... with four

• Thank you received: 10

pcmichke replied the topic: dear national coordinator

There is much anger. And I think it is quite understandable but a little bit much.
What should be done is to be clear in our communication. tom reading your answer on the 20/07 post, we do not know if you were intented to come or not. So we wera waiting until the last time for a confirmation. this is quite annoying.

I also have a professional life and osme familial circumstances. I can understand that quite easily.
But if I am not sure of coming, I say it in advance and I confirm when i am sure of it.
So the only thing I will ask to still make a pleasure of it, is to be clear so that everybody knows how it goes.

And about the facebook group, I am not on facebook anymore. And there are other people that do not go on facebook every day. So only rely on the facebook group is not a good idea.

And I asked you on the 16/07 to post on the forum also for the 20/07. You did not, so I did. No problem with that.
Why was there nothing about the interested player on the forum ?
This forum was made exactly for that, communicate with the other members of the community. Why do you not use it ?

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds