New players

• Thank you received: 10

pcmichke created the topic: New players

Hello boys

Two weeks ago I met again somebody I did not see for years in the Outpost Brussels.
I went to him home and I introduced him to VTES. His friend and him where enthusiastic about the game.
They will come with two other friends to the Outpost Brussels on 22/03, and already asked me to bring my cards.
So I will make another VTES initiation this Wednesday with two more people.

But after this, how can we help them begin to play ?
There is the project VTES where we can maybe lend one or more deck for the evening...
But could we help them have some cards to begin making decks ?

I am waiting for your friendly help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 42

squirrel replied the topic: New players

pcmichke wrote: Hello boys

Two weeks ago I met again somebody I did not see for years in the Outpost Brussels.
I went to him home and I introduced him to VTES. His friend and him where enthusiastic about the game.
They will come with two other friends to the Outpost Brussels on 22/03, and already asked me to bring my cards.

I *might* be able to join on Wednesday (I work in BXL during the day). If so, I will bring the 3 "VTES in Belgium"-decks. They can even use those (or some other deck) for the tournament on Saturday, if they want. The collection itself is still with Dennis.

pcmichke wrote: But after this, how can we help them begin to play ?
There is the project VTES where we can maybe lend one or more deck for the evening...
But could we help them have some cards to begin making decks ?

I am waiting for your friendly help

That's more difficult. I remember I built a deck and gave it away for Arvid's birthday, so he could get started. After that, it's looking out for a nice collection. I would have to look if I could sell of a part of my collection, but I doubt it would be useful, since I always seem to lack even simple cards (like deflection, freak drive, 2nd tradition or even delaying tactics).
I could go through my collection and try to make a few budget decks to give/sell to new players, something similar to what Ralf did: https://vtesone.wordpress.com/decks/reasonably-priced-decks/ . I'd take 2 inexpensive starters (from 3rd for example), add a few cards from the printable sets and you're good to go.

Players should also know that it's perfectly okay to print and use proxies if you don't ave the cards. There are only a few events where it's not allowed (EC and nationals).

and though We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
~Tennyson~

pcmichke replied the topic: New players

You could eventually come on Wednesday, you're welcome.
But if you cannot it will not be catastrophic.. I have starter decks to start a game.
And we will be 5 (6 if you come) with the two people I initiated last Wednesday.

Make ad budget deck to give/sell is a good idea.
My question was not necessarily to give them cards (of course it also can be good), but mainly to help them begin to buy and chose cards.
Maybe also better guiding in the different clans and different type of playing styles they have.
In a few words to help them start and give them some tips to get forward.

• Thank you received: 31

2wayspeaker replied the topic: New players

I could be there on Wednesday.

You say you are already 5. You, 2 new players and who are the other 2?

pcmichke replied the topic: New players

You say you are already 5. You, 2 new players and who are the other 2?

Indeed, As I said earlier, we will be 5:
Me, the two people I already initiated nad their two friends.

But every body is welcome...

• Thank you received: 42

squirrel replied the topic: New players

I won't be able to join tonight. I'm struggling with deck-building for next Saturday :S

and though We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
~Tennyson~

Time to create page: 0.048 seconds