EC in Belgium

• Thank you received: 45

D- created the topic: EC in Belgium

Sometime ago a little mouse (or perhaps it was one of you guys) told me about potential interest to organise the EC in Belgium at some point.
The 2016-spot is already taken, but for 2017 there still is a chance. Please contact me if you are interested in (co-)organising.
I would need to know this by the end of july, so that we can have a meeting in the beginning of August and present the application at the NC-meeting in Warsaw (end of August).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 42

squirrel replied the topic: EC in Belgium

I'd be more than happy to help out.

and though We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
~Tennyson~

• Thank you received: 58

emime replied the topic: EC in Belgium

Hi guys,

Sorry for not replying earlier. Organising an EC in Belgium (which means Brussels, I guess) has been on my mind for quite a long time, actually, and I think there may be good reasons supporting a possible candidature, such as:
1. Brussels is in the middle of Europe and is easy and relatively cheap to reach;
2. there are probably plenty of convention places to choose from;
3. hotels tend to be not too expensive on weekends.

However what has always held me back is that:
1. we have a very small community, and having a reasonably big community is usually key to good attendance and success (see e.g. Paris or Mannheim);
2. as we are such a small community, most if not all of us would have to be involved in the organisation, which means ALL WORK AND NO PLAY during the weekend.

So I still have mixed feelings about it... That said, if there is a clear will of the community to organise it I will definitely do my part (which may include presenting the bid in Warsaw I guess... Dennis, are you going there in the end?).

Emiliano "Sans Terre" - Wandering Player - Prince of Brussels

• Thank you received: 10

pcmichke replied the topic: EC in Belgium

I could also do something for the organisation of the EC.
And of course as it will be planned month before I can manage to be available at that time.

Time to create page: 0.060 seconds