Sometime ago a little mouse (or perhaps it was one of you guys) told me about potential interest to organise the EC in Belgium at some point.
The 2016-spot is already taken, but for 2017 there still is a chance. Please contact me if you are interested in (co-)organising.
I would need to know this by the end of july, so that we can have a meeting in the beginning of August and present the application at the NC-meeting in Warsaw (end of August).
and though We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
Sorry for not replying earlier. Organising an EC in Belgium (which means Brussels, I guess) has been on my mind for quite a long time, actually, and I think there may be good reasons supporting a possible candidature, such as:
1. Brussels is in the middle of Europe and is easy and relatively cheap to reach;
2. there are probably plenty of convention places to choose from;
3. hotels tend to be not too expensive on weekends.
However what has always held me back is that:
1. we have a very small community, and having a reasonably big community is usually key to good attendance and success (see e.g. Paris or Mannheim);
2. as we are such a small community, most if not all of us would have to be involved in the organisation, which means ALL WORK AND NO PLAY during the weekend.
So I still have mixed feelings about it... That said, if there is a clear will of the community to organise it I will definitely do my part (which may include presenting the bid in Warsaw I guess... Dennis, are you going there in the end?).
Emiliano "Sans Terre" - Wandering Player - Prince of Brussels