your collection.....

• Thank you received: 1

Raziehl created the topic: your collection.....

Hello,

I would like to ask to the belgian community how did you arrange your collection?

I'm now trying to do this but i have a doubt... Did you keep one exemplary af each card in a binder or did you just arrange all your cards by alphabet?

In the case of keeping into a binder did you keep one version of each extensions of the same card? (44 magnum from jyhad + 44 magnun from VTES + 44 magnum from Sabbat...etc.?)

And do you play with some of your cards than you have only 1 copy or do you play only with your doubles?

thx.

After arrange all my cards, i'll try to make a deck :) (one think at a time :) )

Raziehl.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 55

gotcha replied the topic: your collection.....

Hey Raziehl, tx for the cards and we all hope you find more stuff - )
Organizing a collection is very personal ...
I have my cards arranged alphabetically by master cards, skill cards, non-skill action/modifier/reaction, political actions, retainers, ally, events ....
And I have a small stack of rare cards that I commonly use for deckbuilding. Most of us do not collect full editions, usually people buy extra cards for playing them in general or specific decks.

• Thank you received: 31

2wayspeaker replied the topic: your collection.....

I spent a whole lot of time ordening my cards and making custom nameplates. The key is to order it in a way you can quickly search through it.

I suggest you get 3 boxes.
1 for crypt cards, these you sort by clan and by name.
On the clan nameplate you can put C, S, L, I (camarilla, sabbat, laibon, independant) and draw the logo and write the name of the clan. In a short while this will help you allocate the correct names to symbols and main clan type.
1 for master cards, these you order by: master, unique master, locations, trifles, trophies, archetypes. In this box you also make 4 other categories: camarilla, sabbat, laibon, independant. These contain all master and minion cards with a clan requirement.

The 3rd and other additional boxes will contain your discipline cards. I would suggest making unique nameplates for single disciplines (celerity, dominate,..) double specialty discipline cards (melpominee, daimoinion,...), a location for non specialty double disciplines (pres+pot,..) and a triple discipline location meant for the anarch cards.

As before i suggest drawing the discipline logo and writing the discipline name on the nameplate. Everything is sorted by alphabet.

Why would you do this like this? Searchable by way of use: if you like meshenka you notice she pays one less for viccisitude, you look at the symbol find the nameplatd symbol and pull out all those cards requiring viccisitude at once. You also note the tzimisce logo, go to the masters box -> sabbat and findvthe tzimisce cards.
This way of searching has a lot in common with searchin on secretlibrary.info
Having the logo and name stick out together to denote the clan helps with retention and understanding of the game mechanics.

Also stick the nameplates behind the respe tive cards. A nameplate in front means the box will prevent you from reading it.

I sorted 12000 cards this way, it took me 2 days of 12hrs~ and requires a lot of upkeep because keeping everything alphabetically can be a pain. But it is worth it.

Edit: as gotcha noted, i also sort undisciplined minion cards by action, pol action, equip, reaction, modifiers

• Thank you received: 1

Raziehl replied the topic: your collection.....

Thanks for your response :)

In the same time it is hard to be difficult when the game is'nt distribued since a couple of years :)

Raz.

• Thank you received: 31

2wayspeaker replied the topic: your collection.....

You play with the amount of cards you want, you can put 1, 4 or 30 of a single card in the deck.
There are decks completely made from 60 unique cards, from what i've read this is a swedish style of deckbuilding.
I like to put multiple copies depending on the time in a game I want to see that card. => more copies = higher chance of getting it early.
This also has the drawback of choking your hand midgame because of all the potentially useless doubles.

• Thank you received: 45

D- replied the topic: your collection.....

I think I have about 25k cards + the cards from the VtesInBelgium collection.

For my own collection:
- crypt cards in binders per group. Then by clan, and then alphabetically. Inventorywise this is not so logical, but I find it very convenient for deckbuilding
- library cards: clan cards are separated from the rest. Otherwise it's like this: per type, per discipline, alphabetical. Multidisciplne are sorted at the end.

Once every 3 years, I redo my inventory. That takes a few days but it's the easiest way of knowing what you own and discovering the unused gems in your collection :)

Time to create page: 0.049 seconds