24-25/02/2018: GRAND PRIX Brussels, Belgium

• Thank you received: 55

gotcha replied the topic: 24-25/02/2018: GRAND PRIX Brussels, Belgium

looks nice J - tx - good job

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 31

2wayspeaker replied the topic: 24-25/02/2018: GRAND PRIX Brussels, Belgium

UPDATE - FINANCIALS

I made an agreement with Tom that, since I'm organising and since I will be responsible (paying the advances out of pocket, paying extra costs might they arise, paying for eventual destruction,...) that the entrance fees etc will also pass through me. I will post updates of these financials online. The point is not to make a profit, but neither is funding the event myself. Therefore I will aim for enough revenue to cover all our costs + about 200 for everything we forgot.

Over the following months I will be responsible for the advances on the reservation. Annulation is possible, but I will not get my advances refunded in full. I will not get meals refunded at all. The manager therefore advised me to either organise a "VZW" or to not take full-pension fr the reservation, but rather half-pension. This means that dinner is at our guests own expense.

I have been chatting with the hostels manager. She would allow us the members discount. If we play nice and fill up 4 person rooms, not make a big mess, help out with serving the bar... we might even get an additional discount. On the flipside, if everybody demands to be a princess with their own private room and leaves the entire place a mess... it might get expensive.

Very important here is that the hostels guests are what allow us the room. The manager is keen on having a positive international reputation, preferably even foreign word of mouth (social media) advertisement. We need people to stay in the hostel to be able to use the hostel as the event location. For this reason I aimed to keep the "planned" ticket the best value. She wants the event to be a succes and for people to love her hostel, she will allow everyone to participate even those who arent guests at the hostel. She will also stock up on finer beers for us.

What costs will we have?
Accomodation Friday -> Saturday33PP
City trip Mechelen1 volunteer with a 5+ seat car
Event LocationPeople sleeping at the hostel
Bar1 Volunteer to service the bar
Saturday Draft Event11pp (boosters) + 1 volunteer judge
Draft event top 5 prizes80 (Everyone already gets to keep the cards they got. A big main prize is not affordable)
Accomodation Saturday -> Sunday33pp
City trip Brussels44 (2 keycards) + 1 volunteer
Sunday GP VEKN Support5pp
Sunday GP event support3pp
Sunday GP top 5 prizes150

Here's what I envisioned for the tickets

VEGP Ticket (2 nights, both events)
Weekend accomodation (70) + Breakfasts & lunches + Draft (13) + GP (11.5)
€94.5

Weekend Ticket (1 night, both events)
Sat-Sun accomodation (35) + Sunday Breakfast & Sat+Sun lunches + Draft (15) + GP (13)
€63.0

GP Ticket (1 night, GP only)
Sat-Sun accomodation (35) + Sunday Breakfast & Sun lunch + GP (14)
€49.0

Standalone draft entry (Acces to draft event) (registration required or no cards)
Only get this if you do not sleep at the event and would like to participate in the draft tournament.
€17.0

Standalone GP entry (Acces to GP event) (door price)
Only get this if you do not sleep at the event and would like to participate in the European Grand Prix.
€15.0

How would this turn out?
Example with 20 people staying both nights, 10 people for the weekend, 15 only for the GP and 3 people not sleeping at the location going to both events.
Costs: 3096
Revenue: 3217

Buffer of about 120 euro.

The numbers get worse for me the more people sleep at the event. But as mentioned before, more people might net me a better deal, so i can recuperate those costs from there. Very few people sleeping at the event will net a big buffer but the manager will be unhappy, thus requiring a fee for the location.

To me these seem the pricepoints where everything about balances out.
We can check on the popularity of the Italian event to see the # of participants.
Depending on the preregistrations I might be able to increase the prize budget of the GP & Draft.

Excess money after the event can be distrubuted among our volunteers.

Please let me know what you think, none of this is final. These are estimates.

Double posting because i can ^^

UPDATE - TRANSPORT

Car
There is a massive parking at 20 meters from the door. This parking is free from friday 18h00 to monday 06h00
If you do arrive outside of this massive window. The ticket for 1 day is €3. Fine is €25.

Train
If you arrive by high-speed international train you will arrive in the south station of Brussels.
Brussel-Midi -> Mechelen is a single trajectory that takes 30 minutes.
The ride will cost you €4,60.
The train station is at 800meters from the event location.

Airplane
Fly to "Brussels Airport (Zaventem)" this will save you a lot of trouble, I promise.
Brussels-Airport -> Mechelen is a single trajectory that takes 12 minutes.
The ride will cost you €8,40.

Airplane Charleroi (Option 1)
Fly to "Brussels South Charleroi Airport"
Take a "Brussels City Shuttle" to train station Brussels-Midi
This is a 1 hour busride that costs you €15
Brussel-Midi -> Mechelen is a single trajectory that takes 30 minutes.
The ride will cost you €4,60.

Airplane Charleroi (Option Don't do this at all!)
Fly to "Brussels South Charleroi Airport"
Take a "TEC" bus to train station Charleroi-Sud
This is a 15 minute busride that costs you €6
Charleroi-Sud -> Mechelen is a single trajectory that takes 1h30 minutes.
The ride will cost you €12,60.

Triple post, time to ban me

VEGP Saturday 24th of february 2018 - Belgium Mechelen
Draft Tournament.

Included in your ticket or available as a standalone event for €17:

You will receive (and get to keep):
  • 2 boosters 3rd edition (22 cards)
  • 1 boosters Twilight Rebellion (22 cards)
  • 2 boosters mix (BH SOC KMW Geh LOTN) (22 cards)
  • 1 Anarch Unboud Set (Sleeved Printouts) (9 cards)
  • + blood doll, forced awakening, KRC (3 cards)
  • 60 sleeves

Prizes: tbd

VEKN Draft rules apply
www.vekn.net/tournament-rules/7-limited-tournament-rules
  1. You get the equivalent of 6 boosters.
  2. Your minimum deck size is 30 cards.
  3. Your minimum crypt size is 6 cards.
  4. You are allowed 1 recursion.
To prevent possible cheating we will collect the unused sleeved printouts, now you wont be able to use that Galaric's Legacy hiding behind it ;) You can keep the sleeve and the printout if you'd like.

Why these sets?
Most of these have the following disciplines in common: Dem, For, Cel, Ani, Pre, Aus, Obf, Tha, Pro, Dom, Pot
Most of these have Anarch 3-way card options. (we only miss the original "Anarchs" set)
There is splash acces to black hand / sabbat tech
Using all of these sets allows for a greatly varied card pool. The person acros form you might want the entire BH/SOC booster while you like to focus down on a discipline and your predator is messing with the anarch stuff. Even fringe decks are possible. These sets allow for 25 unique viccisitude cards to be drafted if you are feeling gruesome.

WIP
Remarks on the boosters? / deck size? / recursion? / amount of boosters? please let me hear them!

Personally I would like:
2 recursions not exceeding a XX card deck limit (not allowed according to official vekn rules)
+1 Twilight Rebellion booster (might force anarchs too much) (also cost might not be attainable)
Maybe another printout set? but none really lend themselves well...

PLEASE HELP ME:
Gather enough card backs. Give me a stack of ~100 useless masters (creepshow etc..)
Gather spare Blood Doll / Forced / KRC

• Thank you received: 55

gotcha replied the topic: 24-25/02/2018: GRAND PRIX Brussels, Belgium

Seems like a impressive job J - wow, sounds good to me ...

• Thank you received: 10

pcmichke replied the topic: 24-25/02/2018: GRAND PRIX Brussels, Belgium

Great Job.
I will most probably attend both events.
I am just thinking about coming from home on both days or staying there for one night.
I still do not taken my decision ( just saw the post).

A draft as first event seems me good. I like it even if I am not good at it; It must be my masochist part... :-(
I could give an help, maybe at the bar (but I cannot tap a beer correctly). I could not be a judge (I do not feel easy about it).
But I could help with something else if needed.

Time to create page: 0.052 seconds