!Brujah breed and vote

• Thank you received: 45

D- created the topic: !Brujah breed and vote

I played this deck a few times now and I really liked how it performed. It can bloat well. Having the 3 big ones and still being on 25+ pool is not an exception.
  • How do you intend to oust?
  • [/b]
    Bleeds for one and moderate vote damage. Encourage your prey to go low on pool and don't try to do all the pool damage yourself. Use daring the dawn with a big dude to push through the final vote or the bleed of 5. You need to breed as fast as possible. Avoid to do anything that is not at stealth for the first turns. Only Armin can play freak drive at FOR to untap after an unsuccessful action. Public Vilification on your prey reduces the bloating capacity to your left.
  • How do you intend to keep from being ousted?
  • [/b]
    Bloating. Be careful on the villein at the start. You'll need the blood to create rites or make embraces for which you can then Con Boon. Keep away from combat with the chump blockers or with Majesty. Public vilification backwards can soften up a target for a rushing grand predator, or at least takes away 3 blood that does not get used for Gov+Cond.
  • What do you want your ready region to look like (ie, how many guys are you planning on getting out)?
  • [/b]
    Ideally: Armin Brenner, Dark Selina, one of the prisci, and all the breeded minions you can afford. As long as the bloat engine is functioning, you can afford to Zillah's Valley and bring out a new 9/10 cap in two turns.
  • What do you want your average turn to look like?
  • [/b]
    Bleed with a chump - breed - vote
  • What's your metagame like? How do your opponents play?
  • [/b]
    I guess you all know the answer to this one.
  • What problems have you observed with the deck in play?
  • [/b]
    Not much. Depending on the game, the ousting power is low, so you need to time your lunge. Some more Daring the Dawn would definitely improve.
    I see two ways to improve the deck
    1. Get rid of the breed angle and use the 19 cardslots to do more useful stuff such as
    - some nasty !brujah combat
    - add more damaging votes (banishment, KRC, Neonate Breach)
    2. Switch the FOR angle of the breed module to dominate or presence. Some FOR needs to stay, as doing something unblockable with a Creation Rites can be awesome (ranging from bleed-for-one-to-oust over KRC to removing a Pentex).
    - pre: in-clan discipline and make those chumps bleed harder
    - dom: Dark Selina has dom, so this might be worth exploring
    [/ol]

Deck list:
    Deck Name: !Brujah breed wDM v2
    Author:
    Description:
    new version.
    played at two tournaments so for. fun and not so difficult to play. Has excellent bloating.

Crypt (Capacity min=6 max=10 avg=8.58; 12 cards)
    ===================================================

4xx Armin Brenner 10 ani obf CEL FOR POT PRE !Brujah:4
    3xx Dark Selina 9 dom for CEL POT PRE !Brujah:5
    1xx Hektor 9 for CEL POT PRE QUI !Brujah:4
    1xx Shawnda Dorrit 6 obt pot pre CEL !Brujah:4
    3xx Urraca 7 pre ANI CEL POT !Brujah:4

Library (76 cards)
    =====================

Master (18 cards)
    1x Coven, The
    4x Fortitude
    1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
    2x Sudden Reversal
    3x Villein
    7x Zillah's Valley

Action (14 cards)
    7x Creation Rites
    2x Embrace, The
    2x Enchant Kindred
    1x Entrancement
    2x Public Trust

Political Action (14 cards)
    1x Ancient Influence
    3x Consanguineous Boon
    3x Kine Resources Contested
    1x Political Stranglehold
    5x Public Vilification
    1x Reins of Power

Action Modifier (18 cards)
    1x Daring the Dawn
    5x Forced March
    5x Freak Drive
    3x Iron Glare
    4x Voter Captivation

Combat (6 cards)
    6x Majesty

Combo (6 cards)
    3x Resist Earth's Grasp
    3x Unexpected Coalition

Created with Secret Library v0.9.4b. (Mar 24, 2014 20:29:54)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 55

gotcha replied the topic: !Brujah breed and vote

I like the deck but I thought it didn't do well enough in the finals: lack of ousting power and votes were main issues. I would drop the urraca's and at least include victor pelletier or/and maybe rather 2/3 dmitra because of skills, votes (you only play 3 unexpected coalition) and dmitra's special would be awesome in this deck. If you include both you could start thinking about adding parity shift, but I get if you want to avoid this. Perfect paragon seems a good addition too, stealth or votes .... Maybe black forest base and/or an additional voter cap or an archon investigation/lost in translation/protected resources/retribution (+public villification, aw) ... some defense vs bleed. I would drop at least one fortitude skill since you play only one DtD and use the master slot(s) for other things. Giants blood would make sense fe. or humanitas for cheaper rescues or Mylan?
    But just suggestions... congrats btw for doing way better then me with 0 vp - )
    The following user(s) said Thank You: D-

D- replied the topic: !Brujah breed and vote

Dmitra would definitely be included in the breed-less variant (same for adding Parity Shift), or in the PRE variant with the breed angle.
    Spending 9 pool for a minion that cannot breed (at least not to gain pool with con-boon) is not something that can easily be afforded.
    When there is only one other vote deck at the table, this deck does not perform well. With more voters on the table, you can just be the !brujah-bully :)
    My final yesterday suffered from a poor crypt draw: 2 Dark Selina and 3 Urrace in the first 5 cards, Armin as 6th. 2 of those Urraca's should probably be other small !brujah (Jayne and Smash?).
    The FOR skill cards are also good for Hektor and Dark Selina, and there should definitely be more DtD in there.
    For bleed defense some deflections/lost in translation could go in. But in general I can outbloat a deck that bleeds decent (I outbloated Arika twice in the last tournament in Bochum). In yesterday's final Ralf blindly bled for +1 at stealth, knowing very well that Erol could deflect (he only needed one deflection per turn). That Ralf's bleeds costed me 6 or 7 pool in total.
    My Perfect Paragon is in another deck of which the location is currently unknown :(

• Thank you received: 55

gotcha replied the topic: !Brujah breed and vote

True true ... but I cannot imagine replacing urruca with dmitra and adding 3 villeins (1 voter cap and a giants blood - )) would be worse. Dmitra can make sure the other minion can keep breeding without having to wait on a voter cap or coven... and you can even make more friends - )
    + you can play zillah's on Dmitra while you can't on Urruca. You might go for 3-3-3-3 and add a wider view (which can function as very limited poolgain anyway), maybe replace 1 sudden with a wash to make sure not to get stuck on masters?
    Maybe a golconda could be some kind of last resort card (if not played aggressive). Storage annex comes to mind ... (also for some other cards)

D- replied the topic: !Brujah breed and vote

The Dmitra version is already on the drawing board.
    Blood for breeding has never been an issue with this deck. Dmitra would come in when the bloating would get really abusive (i.e. make predator desperate).
    Giant's blood was not in the original 61 card version of the deck, and I forgot to put it in later.

Time to create page: 0.051 seconds