Muaziz, Archon of Ulugh Beg

• Thank you received: 42

squirrel created the topic: Muaziz, Archon of Ulugh Beg

Personally, I love Muaziz . It's such an awesome and versatile card. Yet due to the nature of the card, I can't seem to be able to build a deck with it, because I end up with WAY to many plans and WAY to many cards:

First of, there's no blood hunts:
* insert abactor (that's a no-brainer)
So you want to be able to diablerize. This means going combat-oriented with the deck:
* insert some rush-cards
* insert the combat staples (apportation, theft of vitae, trap, taste of vitae, drain essence ...)
* insert equipment (ivory bow, leather jacket, ankara, IR goggles, .44 magnum, ...)
But guess what, the card has fortitude:
* insert freak drives
* insert some prevention/healing cards
But, you also have the awesomeness of dominate:
* insert bounce
* insert govern
* insert adittional bleeding such as conditioning (you still want to win, right?)
Oh, don't forget, the auspex let's you intercept, so you can block and torporize even more:
* insert spirit's touch, eagle sight, eyes of argus, enhanced senses...
* insert telepathic tracking (you do need to get around those majesty-dudes, right?)
But he's just 1 vampire, he needs back-up:
* get the rest of the crypt together (Cardano, Ulugh Beg ...)
* get some allies in there (thadius zho, outcast mage, stone dog, carlton ...)
An there are just some fun cards you really want in there:
* insert graverobbing
* insert cryptic mission
* insert bomb (just in case)
* insert on the qui vive (because your intercept gets kinda suckie if you don't)
Oh don't forget about the masters:
* insert some 20 master cards

Congratulations, you now have a an awesome deck containing 200+ cards. Although every card is awesome, you never actually get what you need, because there's so much other stuff in there!

So the question is: how do you get a deck like this to work, without having to much cards in it?

and though We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
~Tennyson~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Thank you received: 55

gotcha replied the topic: Muaziz, Archon of Ulugh Beg

I share your love - )
My best working muaziz deck was a baltimore purge deck with cardano and ulugh as sidekikcks but i lost the decklist ....
A couple of thoughts:
1 you need focus. So FOCUS, TOM! You probably should choose an angle:
like baltimore/chantry or heavy combat or ancara/freak drive tool up, ponticulus + talbot's chainsaw, etc. etc.
2 I think cryptic mission is not good enough of an action for muaziz (1 damage and 1 blood) ... ditch it! Unless you play muaziz with weenie
3 abactor is great but if you plan to play amarant (fe with rowan ring - ) or diablerize people you might even not need them - /
- villein & ritual of the bitter rose can be good poolgain
4 theft of vitae doesn't kill people, just sux them empty which is not enough and playing maneuver, theft, press, walk of flames is very very card intensive which probably will not allow you to much more then rush and combat. take a look at flames of the netherworld/burst of sunlight and read some about ROTSCHRECK!!! Because nothing is more annoying to have a hand of brilliant combat cards with a ventrue in your back playing majesty (ask Michiel)
Another cool combo is dawn operation+weather control+skin of night .... no need to tell this is very hard to pull off, especially since your action are always on stealth so ... for muaziz a no-go
5 magic of the smith is at 4 stealth with muaziz .... it 'll pass unless I'm your prey/predator - ) you can go fetch ivory bow/rowan ring/bowlsniper rifle/assault rifle/stake/etc etc.
6 the worst part of muaziz is lacking AUS not allowing you to wake with eyes of argus, not giving you the maneuver of the spirit's touch, .... so you need a compact good defense plan: as you said on the qui vive and bounce .... if you play ulugh/cardano you could go for 2nd trad + obedience/deflection/aggro + rotschreck and they have some votes vs politics.
7 if you plan on diablerie I personally would drop the graverobbing - make a choice: wether you go for the bloodgain or the stealing but Muaziz has no DOM so you need another freak drive, then rescue ....
8 muaziz cannot recruit stone dog (gargoyle), and nonetheless he 's great cards like Thadius zho might be too expensive (not talking bout carlton)
9 Some other cards that might be interesting: rutor's hand & biothaumaturgic experiment (read the inferior and read dog pack - hard to pull of but great) and ... and ...
Sorry, dont know if I helped or made it worse - /

• Thank you received: 42

squirrel replied the topic: Muaziz, Archon of Ulugh Beg

You've made it a little bit worse :(

Putting this away in favor of some other deck ideas right now. I hope to be able to show you guys a glimpse tomorrow :cheer:

and though We are not now that strength which in old days
Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
One equal temper of heroic hearts,
Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
~Tennyson~

Time to create page: 0.039 seconds